usb

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

We waited for 20 years –Triplets’ parent


the jogbodo triplets:
Ondo State Governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, his wife, Oluwakemi, and other top government functionaries shed tears of joy on Sunday at the christening of
the triplets of the Chairman of the state AsphaltCompany, Mr. Niran Jogbodo.
Niran and his wife, Fadekemi, had been married for 20 years without a child.
The guests and members of the Akure District Headquarters of the Foursquare Gospel Church could not hold back tears as they listened to the couple relating how immediate and extended family members put pressure on them.
Niran said despite that, he remained steadfast and vowed never to patronise false prophets and herbalists in their quest to have a child.
He said, “My faith in the Lord became strengthened as the day pass by. Ten years ago, I had a dream that I had a baby who was named Ayomide and when I got to the church the following Sunday, I obtained a tithe card with which I registered in the name.
“I have not defaulted in the payment of the tithe up till today. Also last year, I went to the children hall and I discovered that the structures there and the roof were dilapidated. I was not happy and I promised God that I would intervene.
“I raised some money and informed the church authorities of my intention to renovate the building. I was happy working for God even when I knew that I have no child among the children that would use the hall.
“However, while the work of God was ongoing, my wife was ill and she was diagnosed of a disease that could either lead to death or paralysis. Despite my challenge, I was shuttling between Lagos where she was admitted in a hospital, and Akure to supervise the building project.
“Few months after, my wife was healed miraculously and in a matter of weeks, she became pregnant and when we were expecting a child, to be named Ayomide, God gave us Ayomideji and Ayomiposi.”
His wife was also full of gratitude to the Almighty God who spared her life and also the life of her husband who slumped in the toilet and hit his head against the water closet last year and had to be admitted in the hospital for several weeks.
She also related how the state government gave them about N2m needed to save the lives of their babies shortly after they were delivered.
She said, “We had no money and we needed to save the lives of these children. Somebody spoke to the governor on our behalf and the assistance came sooner than we expected and the triplets are alive today.”
Also in attendance were a former presidential candidate, Chief Olu Falae, members of the state executive council, traditional rulers and top politicians.
The babies, Ayomide, Ayomideji and Ayomiposi, were thereafter dedicated unto the Lord by the church’s District Overseer, Rev. Zaccheus Omotoso.
 
source: thepunch by sunday aborishade

No comments: