usb

Sunday, January 26, 2014

IVF Failed Me Six Times


Mrs. Mary Abah is a lawyer, banker and wife of a former Minister of Interior, Mr. Humphrey Abah. She shares her experience on her challenge of being in marriage for 23 years without a child and the support she got from her husband...

Congratulations on the arrival of your baby 23 years after marriage. Did you ever think it was going to be like this?

Before I got married, my view of the marriage institution was that marriage was a sanctuary; a place where a woman could actualise her dream together with her partner. I understood very early that marriage usually gives some form of security and the expectation was that in it, one should blossom, be fruitful and multiply generally as the Bible says. That was basically how I saw marriage in my youthful age because I finally married at the age of 27 and I was still quite young.

In essence, you did not anticipate the challenge of having a baby…

No, I didn’t anticipate it, the truth is that as a young child who was brought up by a very strict mother, I saw life as a bit of calculation: a sort of ‘1+1 =2 and 2+2=4.’ So if you get married, you expect that after nine months, as they say, you will have a child or children. My challenge has made me very sensitive to what parents and well wishers normally do at wedding ceremonies. During a wedding, people start talking about gathering again for a naming ceremony after nine months. They say it as a joke but that is the genesis of pressure on married women. So, if yours doesn’t happen after nine months, there is a question mark there and you begin to fret and other problems come in.

Did you have any health challenge when you were growing up that could have delayed your giving birth?

Not really, it was much later in life that the health challenge came. I have been a banker since 1987 when I undertook my National Youth Service Corps. I served in a bank as a lawyer. I continued to work in the bank thereafter. Because I ended up in the banking industry, I decided to update myself in everything related to the industry.

During these trying moments in your life, did you feel that somebody somewhere was responsible for your predicament?

The truth is that in the whole of the 23 years, I refused to focus on such things.  I didn’t worry about who it was, what it was, where it was or how it was. I did not want to get myself involved in what would cause me anguish for the rest of my life.

You are from Cross River State while your husband is from Kogi State. Was there resistance from your parents when you initially wanted to marry Mr. Humphrey Abbah?

 The way we met each other was very peculiar and our marriage was also peculiar. Our families did not actually affect us. They were not there when we met and when we started courting. Our families were not so involved and when it came to the decision of marriage, we took that decision on our own but involved our families later. My husband is not somebody that you can force to do something which he doesn’t believe in. So, even when we got married, that was already established in his family . When he said this was the young lady he wanted to marry, I don’t think he had too much opposition. If there was any at all, it was very insignificant. The truth is that my father-in-law was a very lovely person; a gentleman who had a lot of respect for his son.  By the time we got married, his mother was late and my parents were late too. So, his father was the focal point and the cordial relationship they had made it easy. The rest of my family and the elders gave us a little bit of tough time as you would expect in inter-cultural marriages. But it didn’t take us time to be able to woo them to our side and that was it.

At what stage did you begin to get worried?

My first signal was when I was 30 years and three years in my marriage. At first, it didn’t really worry me because as a career person, I felt we should take it in our stride. I was already beginning to make waves in the banking industry and the demands of the job were already telling on me. Also in my innocence, I didn’t really feel it was an issue. But by the time I was 30 and nothing had happened, I asked myself, ‘what’s going on here?’ Then I began to be conscious of it and started making deliberate efforts to get pregnant. Before this time, there was no real effort. When the pregnancy was not forthcoming, I began to suspect that there was a real problem. But as usual, I went to the doctors, they said there was no problem and suggested that I should give myself time because I was a busy lady. But after about a year, I went back and they gave me one or two interpretations as to what could be wrong and we started tackling it from there and it came to the point that by 2011, the doctors were saying nothing could be done.

Which was your first point of call, church or hospital?

By 1991 when we got married, we became born again and the church had become a focal point and integral part of our lives. We were praying and fasting; good relationship with the leadership of the church had become part of our daily lives and so the church was always there for us. The church was never against consulting orthodox doctors. The only no-go area for us was to seek help outside God. So I think that was why very early in the journey of this crisis, we knew that anything outside God was not an alternative to take at all.

During these periods, did the idea of stealing a baby come to you?

I can say that I never really had the thought of  doing that. The advice I had was different; it had to do with visiting witchdoctors. But the idea of stealing a baby never came to me; it never crossed my mind. I think sometimes the friends that you have determine the kind of advice you get. For me, I never had that category of friends. I did not even have a lot of friends. I can actually count them on my fingers. But the rest of them were my professional colleagues and church members. I surrounded myself critically with those I felt could help me in my journey in life. I didn’t have that crowd that could really derail me in that sense. But there were general advice of ‘a Baba somewhere,’ ‘a doctor somewhere’  and many others. There were times, through text messages, out of their concern for me, some of the women politicians would make suggestions that one Baba somewhere could do it. Most of the time, I would politely decline and smile. But I would never take it against those people because somehow I felt they were just trying to help. But I needed to communicate to them that such help didn’t suit me. When they realised that it was ‘a no-go area’ for us, most of them backed off. For us, we knew that we needed to shut out the world to be able to succeed in this journey.

Did you try IVF?

Yes, I did it many times. By the sixth time, it was very obvious that it could only be God that would help us. If you look at the Bible, you will realise that God uses what he has created to solve problems. At first, it was a problem for me coming to terms even with IVF and particularly when I had done it once, twice and three times and it failed, I was thinking that maybe that was how God wanted me to go. Sometimes I would agonise over it, sometimes I would pray and sometimes I would even face the battle with my God because I also understood that faith was also very important and faith also involves work. I understood clearly that you needed to activate your faith and so when I began to see the failure of IVF, I felt that was part of it. I would pray and I would move, but each time it failed. I was actually confused because in your journey as a Christian, you grow little by little; you don’t just become a mighty woman overnight. It is from the experiences and how you exercise the word of God that you become confident in what you are doing.

During these times, did you lose interest in having sex with your husband as most women who had faced similar experiences in the past would do?

You see, if you read the Bible clearly, there was only one woman who had a baby without sex and that is Mary, the mother of Jesus. I only said there is only one Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ. All of us can’t be like Mary. So where is your action and where is your faith? You must work with your faith; there’s nothing about faith that is easy. Because you understand spiritually that the physical aspect must be part of that journey, then you must keep that fire burning, you must keep trying because without it, you cannot be pregnant. So you will find ways to make sure that it keeps going and with that, what you are asking from God will materialise. If not, you are wasting your time and you cannot blame God who had said ‘I have made man, I have made woman for creation’. Out of it, the next generation will come and you are sitting down to say you have lost interest, then don’t blame God at the end of the day. You will work and whether you like it or not, find time to make way and the Lord will see you through. I think He has shown us that it is good not to give up.

There have been cases where, due to pressures from in-laws, some women are forced to marry wives for their husbands. Did you contemplate this?

No, not at all. As beautiful as child adoption is, my husband refused it. That is the only area of thought that came to me. Not because I felt I needed to give up hope but I felt it might calm the atmosphere because I had also read situations where adoption preceded the gift of children in families. For me, adoption was not a problem; I was willing to do that if it was going to calm the atmosphere. I also understood that the atmosphere that you are in could either help you or scatter everything. You needed to be calm, have a good home and you needed to enjoy marriage for these things to happen. If you are in a tense situation, it would only prolong matters. It was only adoption that we considered, but my husband said no and kept saying, ‘ours will come.’ We didn’t think of another woman. But the beautiful thing about it is that God kept him away from that decision. I am an Efik woman from Cross River State and my husband is from Igalla in Kogi State. We used to joke that he crossed many rivers before he could find me. But a lot then believed that I probably gave him ‘love potion’ to be able to keep him and his faith surprised me.

Was there pressure from your in-laws to get another wife for your husband?

As I said, there was no room for that. Nobody could look into Humphrey Abah’s face, whether in my family or his and make such suggestion. The only person who could do that was my father-in-law. He backed off after bringing up the issue of the delay initially in our marriage. It will be a lie for me to say there was no pressure from my family or his family. They were only concerned about how things would be better for us through the efforts  we were putting in. Outside of that, there was no pressure at all.

How did you feel when you were told that you were pregnant?

When they told me I was pregnant, I screamed and cried in the hospital and everyone present rose up and gave thanks to the Lord. Since then, the story has been one testimony after another. But that was not all, when I was to put to bed, I was told there might be complications as a result of all the operations I had done. They said that might make it a very difficult and dangerous birth. Yet, the Lord saw me through. It feels great and I thank the Lord for wiping away my tears and making me a mother at last. It is a dream I have had since I married at the age of 27. Now, I am more than 49 years old, it has taken a long time but the Lord has done it for me. I have shed a lot of tears. Our story is like that of Abraham and Sarah. I am already in menopause  but I told God that if He did it for Sarah and gave her womb the strength to conceive, then He would give my womb the same strength. Even when doctors in London told me in 2011 that nothing could be done, I knew that it is only Him (the Lord) that could help me. I focussed on the Lord and He did it for me.
 
source: punchonline

 

16 comments:

Unknown said...

to god be the glory ,God is always faithful praise the lord

Unknown said...

Hello everyone, i am here to share my testimony on how i conceived my baby by a spell caster called dr Ken. i have been married to my husband for 6years without no issue.i had problems with my in-laws even my husband started to have new affairs aside our marriage. it was a very terrible thing to bear. i became a laughing stock among my pear, i prayed and fasted and nothing happened. i was now seen as always unhappy.i was even ready to pack out of my marital home and stay on my own because my husband was not given me any attention that i needed from him. i decided to focus on my job and try to live happy on my own. on this faithful day, i decided to check the internet for updates on healthy living and i came across a story of a woman called mercy, saying that Dr Ken helped her to conceive a baby. i decided to give him a try because this has been my greatest problem in life. today i am a proud mother with a son. words will not be enough to explained what this man did for me.i am a happy mother,i know there is someone in same condition and you feel there is no way. i urge you to contact him. This is the solution to every single mother around the globe. distance is not a barrier, he will surely make your dreams come trough. contact him today via email: drkensolutiontemple@gmail.com you can call him or whats app his number +2349052116690

Unknown said...

My name is Peace Dave and am married for 15years without conceiving or get pregnant until the issue resolved to problem in my home, i was really worried and bothered because i don't want to loose my husband to another woman. i have went to hospital, the doctor told me that i cant get pregnant again i thought have lost my husband already and i have lost hope and faith until one day that a very good friend of my introduce me to DR Osas of the greet drosasherbalhome@gmail.com of black power i contacted him through his email drosasherbalhome@gmail.com until when i give DR Osas a try which make me to be happy today. now have giving birth to twins a boy and a girl. and my husband now love me more than before. so that's while i will have to share the good work of DR Osas, i pray that my God will reward you for me for bringing smile to my face once again. if you are in need of any help contact him via his number WhatSAPP +2349035428122 or via drosasherbalhome@gmail.com

Anonymous said...


I want to share a great testimony on this website on how great Dr. AZUMA help me in falling pregnant,me and my husband have been trying to have a baby for over 6 years,but they where no luck so we decided to contact the family doctor and after all the test have been done,he said to us that one of my fallopian tube is not functioning.then one day i was in the office when a friend of mine who have the same problem with me, fall pregnant after she contacted Dr.AZUMA.she directed me to him and when i contacted him through is email and he did the purification on the pregnancy spell and in 8weeks time i was feeling some how and i want to meet the family doctor who told me that i m pregnant.if you know that you have a similar problem like this and you want to be pregnant you can contact azumaspelltemple@gmail.com Dr.AZUMA via Email: azumaspelltemple@gmail.com,or cell phone +2347055176615

natasha said...

MUST READ!! My names are raymond natasha from UNited states, with a grateful hearth and a shout of joy, i say a very big thank you to Dr wafe for helping me get pregnant again , i had my womb tired before i met the love of my life we needed a baby together but i couldn’t get pregnant for him until i saw a testimony on how Dr wafe help people untie their tired wombs , He gave me some medicine and instructed me on how to take them , the following month i took in and now i have a child , thanks to you again great Dr wafe you are truly a blessing to women who want to have children of their own . If you want to contact Him His Email is drwafesolutioncenter@gmail.com Or call him on +2348158836717 His web site: http://drwafesolutioncenter.webs.com Goodluck.

rita said...


my name is Joyce my life is full of joy because Dr oduma asked me to be happy What happened to me is not what i can keep only to myself but to also tell the world so that those that were once like me will get there love ones back and been happy once again. I and my lover had some issues which leads to our break up since after then my life has never been the same i tried all method to get him back but they were just waste of effort and waste of time. But one day during my search on the internet i came across someone testimony about Dr oduma helped him to get his lover back so i contacted Dr.oduma and to my greatest surprise Dr.oduma was able to bring back my lover within 48hours. With the great thing that happened in my life i decided to tell the whole world about this great man called Dr oduma. For those in need of anything he told me that in his temple there is know impossibility now i believe him so much friends if you need help kindly contact him via email:odumaspelltemple0@gmail.com or cell phone +2347055176615
And i promise you that your lover will definitely be back to you.

Unknown said...

Just few weeks ago I saw a comment about Dr. Ekpen Temple, someone talking about how he has help him in his relationship break up, I also contacted him because i was facing the same problem in my relationship, today i can boldly recommend Dr. Ekpen Temple to someone who is also facing break up in his or her relationship to contact him for help today because he has help me restore my relationship back to normal, here is he contact details (ekpentemple@gmail.com) or whatsapp him on +2347050270218

Unknown said...

My name is Peace Dave and am married for 15years without conceiving or get pregnant until the issue resolved to problem in my home, i was really worried and bothered because i don't want to loose my husband to another woman. i have went to hospital, the doctor told me that i cant get pregnant again i thought have lost my husband already and i have lost hope and faith until one day that a very good friend of my introduce me to DR Osas of the greet drosasherbalhome@gmail.com of black power i contacted him through his email drosasherbalhome@gmail.com until when i give DR Osas a try which make me to be happy today. now i have giving birth to twins a boy and a girl. and my husband now love me more than before. so that's while i am here to share the good work of DR Osas, i pray that my God will reward you for all that you have done for me for bringing smile to my face once again. if you are in need of any help contact him via his number WhatSAPP +2349035428122 or via drosasherbalhome@gmail.com or drosassolutioncenter@yahoo.com
........

Unknown said...

i have been married to my husband for 18years without no issue. on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living and i came across a story of a man who Dr EDIONWE helped his wife to conceive a baby. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life. today i am a proud mom. words will not be enough to explain what this man did for me. he casted a pregnancy spell on me and i noticed i was pregnant on the 7th day after the spell. i am a happy mother, the pride of my family, a miracle in my town. i know there is someone in same condition and you feel there is no way. i urge you to contact him via email edionwesolutiontemple@gmail.com. This is the solution to every single mother around the globe. distance is not a barrier, he will surely make your dreams come trough. you want your lover back or any other miracle in your life, contact him today so the world can be a better place to live. bye!!!

Unknown said...


Am Melissa, I was diagnosed with PCOS and premature ovarian failure four years ago, and was told by my fertility doctor that I had little chance of having any baby, not only because of my old age at 37. I had given no hope and had nothing to strive or option for getting pregnant. As last effort,my husband ordered your wonderful herbal supplement from Dr Amandi for me,after taking the herb for about 2 weeks i fill change all over my body .surprisingly after 1 month and 5 days i never see my period and i went for a pregnancy text and i was confirm pregnant,that was how i got my miracle Thanks for your help I am on the road to becoming a mother and I owe it all to you. " Thank you!Dr Amandi to order here is his contact via:amadisolutions@gmail.com

nakisha said...

hello my name is kelly nakisha i want you all to join me to thank this man for restoring my home with my ex husband who dump me for another woman for 5 years,. At first i never believed DR ogodo mike will be able to help me win back my EX HUSBAND from this other woman but because i still love him and need him in my life.. i work and follow DR ogodo mike instruction and it surprise me that after 3 Days of casting the spell and working with DR ogodo mike, my EX HUSBAND called me asking me to forgive and forget the everything he has done to me that he still love me... now myself and my husband are fulling back together and we are very happy with our new life ... all thanks to DR ogodo mike for the great work he has done for me.. i promise to always share his good work to the whole wide world and if any body is out there passing through any relationship difficulties should kindly contact him via email: ogodomikespells@gmail.com
HE ALSO SPECIALIZE ON THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS
(1) If you want your ex back.
(2) if you always have bad dreams.
(3) You want to be promoted in your office.
(4) You want women/men to run after you.
(5) If you want a child.
(6) You want to be rich.
(7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be
yours forever.
(8) If you need financial assistance.
(9) Herbal care.
contact DR ogodo mike via his email for a total solution ogodomikespells@gmail.com

esther said...

Hello everyone, i am so happy writing this
testimony. i was barren for 6 years , i was so
frustrated because my husband lost hope on me
and my mother in-law too. she was like, "You
have to take another wife because she is like a
man, i never lost hope, i kept praying until my
husband finally pushed me out of the house ,i
was alone in the street at night when i met my
friend who took me home and advised me and
gave me an email address to contact that the DR uze was a good one and he would pray for
me and give me his herbal herbs drugs to get a child and i will conceive . i had no
other choice and i contacted him and he told me
what to do and prayed for me and in few weeks,
i conceived and told my husband. at first he
didn't believe, he thought i was just trying to use
that excuse to come home but we went for test
and the result was positive. we are now happily
living with a child(boy) and my husband has
showed me more care and love than ever. all
thanks to druzespellhome@gmail.com druzespellhome@gmail.com or call him or whatsapp him +2347066577237...

Unknown said...

I want to thank Dr.Agbazara for his job in my family, this is man who left me and the kids for another woman without any good reasons, i was pain and confuse,till one day when i saw Dr.Agbazara contact, then i contacted him and he help me cast a reunion spell that help my situation with 48hours, since I then the situation has changed, everything is moving well, my husband who left me is now back to his family. reach DR.AGBAZARA TEMPLE via email if you have any problem at:
( agbazara@gmail.com )
OR whatsapp or call him on +2348104102662

rita said...


hello am Christine and am 40years old , when i was 25 i had lost one of my fallopian tube and i have had 2 miscarriage before in the past and i keep on trying but there was no luck on my side since then, at times me and my husband will do it all day but steel no luck until i saw some testimonies ONLINE by other women having semilar case and i decided to contact jeremiah omoto OF God jeremiah omotoTEMPLE and pour out my sorrow and pain ON MY MAIL I SENT jeremiah omoto did do purification and told me the source of my problem that it was work of dark witch craft that somebody put on me ( MY EX BOYFRIEND) that i will never find joy in my marriage, to cut the story short jeremiah omoto did cast the cleanse God to remove the dark magic and then immediately the very next month i got pregnant and praise jeremiah omoto and god i delivered safely baby twins , if you passing through similar problem i urge you to contact prophetmercyland@gmail.com or watch him television marcylandtv com or +2347055176617

kathy said...

Hello everyone. I have been married since 3 and half years ago, since then I am trying to conceive. my age is 34 years now, my hormonal reports including FSH,LH,estrogen and thyriod function tests are normal, my diagnostic laparoscopy is also normal and my husbands semen analysis is also normal. my serum prolactin levels are normal, but I have got breast tenderness and secretion after ovulation upto my periods. I have underwent three cycles of IUI without any success. now i am worried what to do? please give me possible reasons for this delay and what should be the future course of action. how can I have a baby for my husband that was my question. so a friend introduce me to this native Rahany herbal Center so I contacted her, after using her herbs she sent, to my believe I was tested pregnant, it was an amazing miracle. when i showed my husband the result I could see the joy in his eyes, thank Rahany herbal Center once again for your help, , she is a wonderful mother.} rahanyherbalcenter@yahoo.com .

lucia said...

OUR herbal medication will cure any inch of your Fibroid, OK. When take our herbal medication to cure Fibroid and any other Infertility, You must not be going out very far from Your House because it will only be making you to visit toilet in passing out the Fibroid gradually …We also specialise in providing solutions in any of this spiritual gynaecology diseases affect human existence such as:
1 fibroid, asthma, ALL STD,
2 weakness of man organ
3 infections of all kind (yeast infection)
4 blockage from the fallopian tube
5 cyst. From the ovaries
6 unpleasant smell from the virgina
7 irregular menstration, menopause
8 infertility for easy Conception.
9.skin diseases, Toilet infection and bad body odor…….Etc..
10.Watering sperm (low sperm count) not able to get woman pregnant.
Simply contact the spiritualist PriestEka on (dreka14demons@gmail.com) to get his Herbal Medication to cure your disease and put yourself on a motherhood side of life..
(No more adoption, with PriestEka your problem will solve and you will have your child with ease.
Contact us at (dreka14demons@gmail.com) your solution home!